OUT OF BOX

Search Gowhar

Saturday, April 23, 2011

GRATITUDE TO MY MENTOR


                                  
And I was giving the finishing touch to my five month long dissertation when my mind had some flashback of where from I started this research and how it ended. Off course I enjoyed my work a lot .I started thinking that why few students enjoyed this work and why others where facing lot of problems and for them these five months where just like perdition. I had not to think a lot because the reason was very much apparent, It was my mentor, the person who braced me in every circumstances, who gave me confidence and who relaxed me on every occasion of anxiety. It was all because of the trust I had on my mentor and this trust was created by mentor. Whenever I had any negative apprehension for my research it was his words “you trust me” that used to take away all worries. Not only my professional problems he gave me ways to fight out with my personal problems. I am fluky  that I had such a mentor who took pains for me at every point, on every occasion .The road was tough to be travelled but he (mentor) laid down a smooth path for me .It  was the association  of more than one year that I was being guided by my mentor and In this mean time something funny evolved that I started mimicking by mentor .He has different style of delivering his thoughts which most of the students enjoy and I also used to enjoy it most of times by copying .Well I believe imitating someone is best way to learn (philosophical I am) .
The question that surrounds my mind is that is there any way we can pay back to our mentors .This seems to be very difficult , what my mentor and what I believe that most of mentors gave to their protégé’s is very much abstract which is very difficult to be quantified , then how to pay them back ???? The time that I spend with my mentor was blessed one which I will be remembering throughout my life. My research was less of my efforts and more of mentor to be frank enough. Yes coming back to my question how to pay back our mentors. Is there any way out. The answer is No we can’t pay them back but yes what they invested on us we can make best out of it and that will depend on how will make them proud of us on the day of judgment.  
                        To my mentor and to all those mentors who justify their role
               “I have been very notorious at times but thanks for making me human”

2 comments:

  1. waow...very well written Gowhar... i just love the way our mentors have helped us throughout our project and yea ofcourse even at other tyms...
    You wrote about the mimics n all... we gonna miss every bit of all gala tym we had here...with friensds with teachers... with every1...
    n yea most important is what you emphasised on... hw can we pay them back of all their efforts for us .... truely said "on the day of judgement"
    m thankful to my guide... Thnku mam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well said gowhar..I appericiate....but What I think is that our words cannot justify the goodness of our mentor..coz we will fall short of words in thanking our mentor...and paying them back is as difficult as paying back our parents who bring us up through all difficulties...the only thing we can do is to respect them..to follow the path they showed us..and if ever we stood different from the crowd..the first name that should come to our mind should be of our mentor...We owe to our mentors alot...

    ReplyDelete

s